Thursday, November 6, 2008

Home!

Yep, you heard me right. We are taking our first trip home (as in Idaho Falls) from our new home (as in Boise). I can't wait to see everyone. It has been forever since I've seen anyone from Idaho Falls.

The reason we are heading home is for the Hillcrest Joust. Hillcrest is the high school that both Drew and I went to. The Joust is the debate tournament hosted each year by the school. From what I've heard, this year it is going to be HUGE! They've had to invent new rooms to hold debates, and they have been begging for judges for the rounds. It will be interesting to go back to doing the high school debate thing. It feels like years since I've helped out at a tournament!

Even though seeing some of my old friends and family will be fun, the real reason this tournament holds such great memories for me is because it was the place that Drew and I were "formally" introduced and set up on a date. (Thanks Marcy and Mom). So this time last year was when Drew and I sorted debate ballots together (oh, so romantic, I know). It will be exciting to get to go back to this place as a married couple, instead having an awkward get to know you session (okay, it was never really awkward, but you have to exaggerate the story a little sometimes). Anyway, I am very excited to go home, and I'm sure Drew is too. Hopefully we see some of you there!

2 comments:

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

Yippee for you! Sorry that we won't be up there-- we thought about it but I have a doula conference in SLC this weekend. I guess we'll just have to hold you in suspense till Thanksgiving. Which is going to be awesome!

Drew said...

sounds good. We're all here like a happy family, except for you guys of course... ;) well hope you guys are doing okay, Thanksgiving will be great. We'll have to play lots of games!