Friday, February 6, 2009

Technology is Amazing...

This semester I am taking an education technology course. This is a required course for all teachers in education programs around the state. I have been amazed every class to find new and interesting ways to use technology. It has truly opened my eyes to the world that we live in. It is amazing the things that teachers around the nation, and world, are doing everyday with technology in their classrooms. I have become an adamant believer that technology has become a key to education. I especially love the fact that my teacher is open minded about many issues in technology.

This class not only helps educate future teachers about what technology they will need to know and use in the classroom, it also teaches us to incorporate these things for student activities. In this class I have learned how to:
  • Set up a blog (well, I already knew that one, but it taught me how I could use it in a classroom).
  • Create a site using Googlemail where I can store my documents and information for the end of the semester portfolio
  • Create links on this site
  • Create documents in real time with other people
  • Use technology in creative ways
It is so exciting to be able to learn things in a college class I know I will actually use in the classroom. One of the awesome tools we used in class was Google Documents. The cool thing about this technology is the fact that you can share a document with someone and then you can both edit the document, at the same time. This means that two people can be sharing a document, editing it and creating, and be hundreds or thousands of miles away.

I truly believe that technology has been a huge tool for us. And though this tool is amazing, we must be intelligent about our technology choices. This is why I believe that it will become increasingly important to teach our children about different kinds of technology.

No comments: