Friday, October 24, 2008

Crazy is what we aim for...


This past weekend I had the chance to spend time with my family. They all decided to come up for the weekend, and it worked out perfect because it was also my mom's birthday, so we all got to celebrate together. I haven't had a chance to see my sisters since the beginning of school. Having them all here just reminded me of all the crazy, fun family times we spend together. We spent the better part of the first night helping Melissa, the oldest besides me, with her Affirmative case for high school debate. Luckily we had Drew there, otherwise it probably would have taken the two of us all night. And even with Drew there it still took until one thirty in the morning. (That's probably due to the fact that we went out to eat with my family, and that always takes forever!) It was fun to have my sisters stay in the apartment because it was just like old times when we all would stay up together. This also brought me to the realization that I am most definitely an old married fogie because I went to bed MUCH earlier than my sisters. Which brings me to the funniest part of this weekend.

As we were getting ready for church my sister called my name from the bathroom. In almost a panic she asked me what to do with her underwear. Needless to say I was a little confused about what she meant. She went on to say that she had stayed up so late the night before, and was so tired, that she had gotten ready for the shower and then stepped in...with her underwear on!

I guess this just proves that my family is truly crazy, me included, but I would never really want to change that. It just adds flavor to life, besides, we always have good stories to tell. (Even if we don't use our real names.)

It was also amazing to see my littlest sister, Katelyn. She is just growing up so much. I swear that everytime I see her she gets older. I can't believe that she is already in seventh grade! There is just so much going on in her life. She joined a ballroom team and is doing excellent. She is so much fun and I can't wait till I get to see them again, hopefully in two weeks, when we come home for our home town high school debate tournament.

No comments: